The West Virginia specific Auxiliary Communications (WV AUXCOMM) course will assist amateurs / groups interested in emergency communications in understanding the communication roles that are needed in today’s expanding / collapsing Incident Command System m(ICS) environment. Amateur radio operators receiving this training will see how they can better assist Emergency Communication Managers in ICS environments throughout the State of West Virginia.
This is a great opportunity for the West Virginia Amateur Radio Community in support of our Federal, State, and Local First Responder Community.
The course does require that students have some knowledge of the basics of the Incident Command System. This baseline knowledge is gained by taking the following courses as prerequisites. Note that all courses listed below are free to all students and are accomplished through the web.
1. IS-100, Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS), ICS-100, (or any a,b,c version);
2. IS-200, Incident Command System (ICS) for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, (or any a,b version);
3. IS-700, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction, (or any a,b version);
4. IS-800, National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction, (or any a,b,c version)
5. Active FCC Amateur Radio License
List of Federally Recognized AUXCOMM personnel (Updated 01092019)
List of West Virginia Specific AUXCOMM course instructors (02082019)